The Thread State page will show you a graph of samples currently stored in memory by FusionReactor.
If you are running a large number of threads this sampler could impact performance. This graph can be disabled in Resource Settings
Thread state allows you to see if any bad requests are causing long waits or deadlocking your system.
Thread State Graph¶
Several time spans are available, with differing resolutions. These will be filled as data points that are collected by FusionReactor.
Each time varying graphs shows four independent values overlaid :
- Thread State - RUNNABLE : Green
- The number of threads in a RUNNABLE state
- Thread State - TIMED_WAITING : Blue
- The number of threads in a TIMED_WAITING state
- Thread State - WAITING : Orange
- The number of threads in a WAITING state
- Thread State - BLOCKED : Yellow
- The number of threads in a BLOCKED state
You are able to deselect and reselect each independent values by simply clicking on their respective names, when a value is deselected ( Greyed out ) then that value will no longer be displayed on the activity graph.
Placing your mouse pointer on a data point within the graph will show a tool-tip with details about that sample, including :
- Date and time of the request
- Thread State - RUNNABLE
- Thread State - TIMED_WAITING
- Thread State - WAITING
- Thread State - BLOCKED
When browsing the 1 Hour, 1 Day, and 1 Week activity graphs you are able to select time frames by using the slider under the graph.