Using the Preconfigured Installer¶
There is a separate installer for Windows and Unix (Linux and MacOS) platforms.
As of FusionReactor version 8.1.0 there are no 32 bit installers available. To install FusionReactor on 32 bit systems you must manually install FusionReactor.
|Preconfigured Archive, No JRE, Windows||https://download.fusionreactor.io/FR/Latest/FusionReactor_windows_nojre.zip|
|Preconfigured Archive, No JRE, Linux, Mac OS||https://download.fusionreactor.io/FR/Latest/FusionReactor_unix_nojre.tar.gz|
|Platform||Installer Name||To run|
|Windows||FusionReactor-windows-nojre.zip||1. Extract FusionReactor-windows-nojre.zip
2. Navigate into the Extracted FusionReactor Directory
3. Run Start.bat
|Unix (Linux and Mac)||FusionReactor-unix-nojre.tar.gz||1. Extract FusionReactor-unix-nojre.tar.gz
2. Navigate to the extracted fusionreactor directory
3. Run start.sh
After running the start command, a FRAM instance will have started on port 8087 of the server. When running you can access the instance manager on any IP address from your browser, for example:
You will be prompted to enter a password for the FusionReactor instance the first time you access the Instance Manager.
Installing the FRAM service of FusionReactor is only part of the install process. The FRAM will installation will give you access to the Instance Manager and Enterprise Dashboard, which you must then use to install FusionReactor onto your Application Servers. To continue the installation see Configuring a FusionReactor instance in FRAM
Upgrading a Preconfigured Installation¶
In order to update the preconfigured installer you will need to replace the FusionReactor files on the local file system with the updated versions.
It is important to remember that upgrading the FRAM Service does not upgrade the instances of FusionReactor on your Application Server. This is done to prevent FusionReactor restarting your applications when an upgrade is performed. You must go to the Instance Manager and upgrade each instance individually.
To do this you should:
- Download the FusionReactor Single Jar and Debug Native Libraries (All Platforms) zip file 2.Navigate to the FusionReactor directory
- Stop the FRAM service
- Navigate to the etc > lib directory of FusionReactor
- Remove any existing files
- Place a copy of the fusionreactor.jar and extracted debug libraries in this directory
- Navigate to the instance > FRAM directory of FusionReactor
- Place a copy of the fusionreactor.jar file in this directory
- Start the FRAM service
Following this process will update the version of FusionReactor running in the Preconfigured installer.